Running a successful business can be challenging for small companies, with tight budgets and limited access to the same resources as big corporations. Communication technology advancements have enabled even smaller businesses to improve customer experience.
With VoIP software systems now increasingly popular among both large and small firms, alike-there is no better time to explore what they can offer your company!
From boosting communication capabilities in remote areas at low costs or adding extra features, including HD audio/video calls, setting up VOIPs has never been easier or more cost-effective than before. This article lists the top 10 best VoIP software for small businesses. Let’s have a look.
10 Best VoIP Software for Small Businesses
In this section, you’ll read about the top 10 best VoIP software for small businesses. We have talked about each feature and the pros and cons of each of these software in detail.
These software have a unique set of features and benefits to offer over each other. So please make sure you check all of them out before deciding upon one for yourself.
Vonage is an advanced VoIP software designed to provide small businesses with all the tools they need for communication.
It provides features like mobile and desktop apps, unlimited calling & SMS messages, team messaging, and call recording capabilities (only available on the top-tier plan).
However, some of its premium services, such as unlimited Canadian SMS numbers, come at extra charges, which could be expensive for a small business.
- Mobile/desktop app access
- Unlimited calling and text messages
- Team Messaging
- Call Recording (Premium)
- Advanced set of telecom functionalities
- Easy setup process
- Costly add-ons can quickly raise expenses
- Expensive base plans
RingCentral is an ideal VoIP system for small businesses that need advanced features. It offers rich feature sets designed to make communication easier and more efficient, even with remote teams or groups of 20+ people.
What’s great about RingCentral is that it comes bundled with unlimited calling and SMS capabilities in addition to voicemail-to-text transcriptions, Slack/CRM integrations, desktop apps (PC & Mac), mobile app support (Android & iOS) plus a web version too!
- Unlimited Calling and SMS
- Voicemail-to-Text Transcriptions
- Integrations for CRM + Slack
- Desktop Apps Included – PC/Mac
- Mobile App Support – Android/iOS
- Web Version Available
- Feature Rich Service
- Easy To Use Interface
- Advanced Features
- Can Be Expensive For Small Teams
- More Difficult To Navigate Unless You Have In House IT Expert
Nextiva is a reliable VoIP service provider that caters to businesses of all sizes. It offers features like unlimited voice and video calls, auto-attendant, caller ID, mobile and desktop apps, and internet faxing – making it an ideal choice for small business owners looking for comprehensive communication solutions.
Most notably, Nextiva integrates with popular platforms such as Salesforce, Microsoft Teams & Zendesk, which can be quite useful in managing customer relations or automating tasks within the workplace.
- Unlimited Voice Calls & Video Conferencing
- Mobile App & Desktop Apps
- Internet Fax
- Reliable performance
- Integrates seamlessly with other third-party applications
- Easy installation process
- Affordable pricing plans
- Extra charges are applicable when integrating 3rd party services
- Lack of transparency in terms of pricing plans
4. Google Voice
Google Voice is a great VoIP application for businesses looking to make and receive calls without the hassle of setting up hardware.
As part of Google’s suite, it offers integrated services with other applications such as Workspace. This allows users to access all their communication needs in one place while also taking advantage of advanced features like voicemail transcriptions and support for desk phones.
- Unlimited domestic calls & text messages
- Support for desk phones
- Voicemail transcriptions
- Integration with Google Workspace
- Easy integration into existing systems
- Robust set of features
- Affordable pricing structure
- Limitations on toll-free numbers
- No automated replies or external integrations (e.g., Zapier/Slack)
- Need an additional subscription fee if you don’t already have a Google Workspace subscription
Aircall is a premium VoIP software solution for small businesses with advanced features such as WiFi calls, video conferencing, and unlimited international calling.
It also has helpful additional features like IVR (Interactive Voice Response), call recording, dedicated account manager- requiring an upgrade – and Salesforce integration which requires another upgrade.
However, the base plan of Aircall comes with hefty prices at $30 per user per month and a minimum requirement of three users, making it less suitable to most budget-conscious small business owners looking out for more cost-effective solutions in the market.
- WiFi Calls
- Video Conferencing
- Unlimited International Calls
- Interactive Voice Responses
- Call Recording
- High-Quality Audio & Video
Occasional Routing Issues
Dialpad is a convenient VoIP app for businesses of all sizes, offering features like conference calls and the ability to toggle between devices.
The call quality it provides is usually excellent, making setup easy. Dialpad can be used on desktop PCs, mobile phones, or web browsers to make unlimited phone calls within the US & Canada as well as send messages (SMS/MMS).
The base plan ($15 per user per month) also includes other useful features such as: IVR; Call recording; Google Workspace & Office 365 integrations; Analytics; Voicemail transcriptions etc., while additional payment will be charged if you require international texts setting up auto-replies or toll-free numbers after upgrade plans.
- Supports conference calling
- Ability to switch between multiple devices
- Unlimited Calls + Messages(SM$MEMs) within USA &Caada
- Setup facility with great audio experience
- Advanced Features including IVRs, analytics, call recordings
- Google Workplace /Office Integrations
- Toll-Free Numbers access post Upgrade Plans
- Easy set-up process
- Excellent Audio Quality
- Affordable Base Plan price($15*user/month)
- Variety of advanced features included
- Extra charges apply for PSTN lines & International Texting
Upgradation required for extra services
Grasshopper is an excellent VoIP solution, especially for small business that wants access to all features without a hefty price tag. It’s been around since 2003 and has stayed relevant over the years with its comprehensive feature list at competitive prices.
- Voicemail-to-text transcriptions
- Number porting
- Gmail integration
- Competitively priced plans are available depending on the number of extensions required
- Accessible from desktop or mobile device
- Easy setup process
- Support from knowledgeable staff
- No call recording capabilities
- Lacks shared phone numbers
Line2 is a low-cost VoIP phone system for small businesses. It offers an affordable way to add additional lines and get access to basic PBX features, such as voicemail transcription service or call recording options.
Basic calling remains free but advanced functions require you to upgrade your plan, which starts from $9.99 per month up to the top tier of a $25.99 monthly subscription fee based on usage needs.
- Local or toll-free number with unlimited calls
- Call forwarding services
- Advanced reporting
- Team numbers & Integrations (higher tiers)
- Caller ID & Custom Greetings (higher tiers)
- Low cost compared to other providers
- The limited feature set in base plans
- No support for international dialing
8×8 is an excellent VoIP software for small businesses that frequently make international calls. It offers unmetered calling in up to 48 countries, making it highly cost-effective and reliable compared to other similar apps available on the market.
8×8 also establishes a virtual presence in regions where your business has customers but no physical office, which can be beneficial for increasing customer trustworthiness and loyalty.
- High-quality voice & video services
- HD conference bridge capabilities
- Integration with major CRM solutions
- Voice recording & storage options
- Clear call connection, even from remote locations
- Automatically routes incoming calls
- Free trial period allowing users to test out before purchasing
- Limited scalability due to the low feature set as compared to some competitors
- The interface may seem complex or overwhelming at first use.
Phone.com is an ideal VoIP phone app for businesses needing a desktop-based software dialer, as it offers all the features they could require in one package.
Its Communicator softphone application allows users to integrate voice and video calling with customizable call management settings so you can control exactly how your calls are handled when routing through Phone.com’s services.
- Video conferencing feature, which also allows you to share screens and documents and chats with colleagues during online meetings
- Various types of business numbers like Local/toll-free/vanity number support are available on every plan
- Mix & Match packages allow you to Choose from all their plans individually or customize features according to user requirements
- Excellent sound quality enabled by HD Voice technology
- Robust security protocols such as 256-bit encryption ensure secure data transmission over public networks
- Customizable contact lists make managing contacts simpler
- Attractive pricing options save money without sacrificing functionality
- No team messaging feature, which limits collaboration possibilities among teams
In this article, we talked about the 10 best VoIP software for small businesses. Having a VoIP-enabled number for your business enhances the customer experience and will help you generate more leads and guarantee better customer satisfaction. We hope you found the article to be insightful. Please make sure that you share it with everyone.